If you’re like me, you’re already thinking about how you want to improve your ministry in the coming year. Here is a quick list to get you thinking about steps to take toward feeding your flock better in 2012. I’ve given you the bullets below, but I suggest you head over to the Sydney Anglican blog to see how they tease these ideas out.
1. Prepare more.
2. Leave out the boring bits.
3. Practice your sermon on people throughout the week.
4. Ditch notes.
5. Speak to the people who aren’t there yet.
6. Have an argument.
7. Speak to the people who are there.
8. Avoid trite application.
9. Talk about Jesus every week.
10. Listen to your own podcast.