Brandon Levering has a great article at The Gospel Coalition entitled, “5 Ways Established Churches Should Think Like Plants.” If you’re looking for ways to reinvigorate the gospel impact of the church, you would do well to shift into the five church plant mentalities Brandon lists:
1. Church plants clearly define their mission and keep it before them in everything they do.
2. Church plants feel an acute sense of urgency to engage in evangelism.
3. Church plants tend to better understand the culture they’re engaging.
4. Church plants use a wider portion of the congregation in service.
5. Church plants are more likely to think strategically about planting more churches.